Biotechnology Industry Assistance Council (BIRAC), a Section 25 ‘Not for Profit’ Company of the Government of India, has been set up as Department of Biotechnology’s interface agency, which serves as a single window for nurturing and promoting innovation led research. BIRAC is committed to the innovative use of biotechnology tools to address the national and societal challenges and provide solutions through affordable product development.
SPARSH’s objectives are:
1. Identify and provide support to cutting edge innovations towards affordable product development that can bring significant social impact and address challenges of inclusive growth.
2. Provide support in form of impact funding of biotech product innovations (with social goals) that can be scaled.
3. Create and foster a pool of social innovators in biotech and provide a platform to share best practices, understand intricacies of business models in social innovation and network.
- All Indian biotechnology companies which have Indian promoters holding at least 51% of company’s shares. (See Footnote at the end of the document)
- DSIR certification is required
How to Apply
Announcement Date: 15-08-2014
Last Submission Date: 30-09-2014 12:00 AM
© 2019 B I R A C