Click here to view guidelines for BioNEST Bioincubators Nurturing Entrepreneurship for Scaling Technologies
Click here for new advertisement
Bio-incubation allows harnessing of the entrepreneurial potential of start ups by providing access to infrastructure as well as mentoring and networking platforms that the start ups could use during their fledgling days.
BIRAC has upgraded and strengthened existing incubation facilities at certain strategic locations in the country. It would intend to establish world class bio-incubation facilities. Ideally it is envisaged that the new bio-incubation centres would be established around DBT clusters.
Activity/ Programme description & objectives :
A BIRAC supported bio-incubation facility has the following salient features:
- Provides good incubation space to Start-ups and Entrepreneurs.
- Provides access to a pool of special equipments in the common equipment facility.
- Connects industry and academia and enable interactions for efficient exchange of knowledge as well as facilitate technical and business mentorship.
- Provides enabling services and required mentorship for IP and technology management, legal and contract, resource mobilization and networking platform.
- Establishes an efficient governance models.
Till now BIRAC has extended support to fifteen Bio incubator :
||Women Bio Park,Chennai
||FIIT, IIT Delhi
||SIDBI, IIT Kanpur
||ZTM-BPD, IARI, Delhi
||RCB Bio Cluster, Faridabad
BIRAC has provided support for establishment of a new World Class Bio-incubator at the DBT-Faridabad Bio-cluster. Other DBT indentified bio clusters are CCAM, Bangalore and NABI, Mohali.
Through continuous support BIRAC has managed to create approximately 1,24,000 sq. ft. of functional bioincubation space which is likely to be doubled by the end of FY 2015-16. With the establishment of this bioincubation facility BIRAC has supported directly or indirectly around 180 start ups/entrepreneurs.