There is a great scope of technology innovation in the Indian Agri-biotech sector and it is important to identify, create and promote an enabling environment for development and commercialization of agribiotech products. Keeping in view the core mandate to provide an effective academia-company interface, DBT invites proposals under Biotechnology Industry Partnership Program (BIPP) for development of products and process to address the national needs of agri biotech sector.
Proposals may comprise one or more special elements in the area of focus as given under but not limited to:
Priority Agricultural Areas
1. Orphan crops like millets, legumes and tuber crops cultivated in dry farming and fragile environment.
2. Incorporation of resistance against biotic (preferably insect, pest and disease) and abiotic (preferably drought and salinity) in crop plants.
3. Biofortification of Crops.
4. Use of RNAi based gene silencing and cytoplasmic male sterility techniques to raise transgenic crops.
5. Use of molecular markers to tag genes of interest.
6. Accelerated breeding in crops through Marker Assisted Selection.
Other Priority crops/target traits:
Crops of priority could be:
rice, wheat, maize, sorghum, pigeon pea, chickpea, moong bean, groundnut, mustard, and other Horticulture and vegetable crops etc.
Announcement Date: 22-11-2010
Last Submission Date: 22-12-2010 12:00 AM
© 2020 B I R A C