BIPP is a Government Partnership Programme with industry for support on a cost sharing basis for development of novel and high risk futuristic technologies mainly for viability gap funding and enhancing existing R&D capacities. BIPP has so far supported more than 60 projects focusing on affordable healthcare technologies; food security and energy related needs of the country and also in the area of scale up, biosimilars, vaccines, therapeutics etc. Major thrust of the programme is towards funding technologies which address a major national problem and/or involves high level of innovation. The proposals spanning across the spectrum of pre-proof-of-concept to validation of established technologies are considered for support in the form of grant and/or loan.
Ø BIPP supports:
• Large, medium, small scale companies as well as start-ups on cost sharing basis
• High risk, discovery linked innovation
• Accelerated technology development
• Evaluation and validation of biotech products
• Indigenous discovery, innovation and technology to products
• Products of national relevance or public benefit
Ø Support is also available for infrastructure/ facility set up
• In cases where such a facility leads to R&D capacity building or is required for scale up of an innovative product/process of national importance developed through company’s in-house R&D
• Facility proposed could be in the area of agriculture, healthcare, biosimilars, industrial processes, energy, bioinformatics, genomics and other relevant areas in biotechnology.
Ø Varying models of grants, loans or grant + loan available.
ü A single or consortia of Indian company (ies) - Small, Medium or Large having DSIR* recognized in-house R&D unit(s).
|An Indian Company is defined as one which is registered under “The Indian Companies Act|
1956” and in which 51% (or more) of the ownership is held by Indian citizens (including NRIs).
Proposals are required to be submitted online only.
To submit a proposal online, please log on to the BIRAP website (www.birapdbt.nic.in).
Company User Registration is open round the clock.
Online Proposal Submission opens on 15th February, 2012.
No Hard Copy to be submitted. Proposals submitted online only would be considered.
Last date for Submission of Proposals: 31st March, 2012
Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL) is the BIPP Management Agency (BMA)
and will ensure maintenance of strict confidentiality of the proposals as per DBT norms.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Renu Swarup, Advisor Incharge-BIPP
Department of Biotechnology
Block No: 2, 7th Floor, CGO Complex
Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003, India
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Announcement Date: 15-02-2012
Last Submission Date: 31-03-2012 12:00 AM
© 2020 B I R A C