Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council
(A Govt. of India Enterprise)
Set up by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
Vacancy: DBT– BMGF–Wellcome Trust- BIRAC, Program Management Unit at BIRAC, New Delhi, India.
i) Applications are invited from qualified and experienced professionals for the position of Executive Assistant (one post) in the DBT – BMGF – BIRAC, Program Management Unit at BIRAC, New Delhi, India.
ii) The DBT – BMGF -Wellcome Trust - BIRAC Partnership: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) signed an umbrella Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on mission-directed research and build Grand Challenges India to support health research and innovation. The MoU aims to support initiatives that could dramatically change the health and development landscape in India and other countries facing similar challenges. Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this activity. BIRAC plays a key role in assisting the Global network of Partners to foster collaborative research to improve Global health and dealing with long term development issues.
iii) The Program Management Unit (PMU), is the implementing body to manage the Grand Challenges India program. The partners have laid down the governance and implementation principles that will direct these strategic partnerships. BIRAC works closely with strategic partners to identify and support the scientific and technological opportunities through PMU. The PMU while being responsible for project management is also responsible for developing new areas of joint priority and oversight of various joint projects funded under Grand Challenges India
Essential Qualifications Required:
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized and reputed University/Institution with minimum 60% marks.
- Experience as PA / Secretary / Associate etc in any reputed organization.
- Well versed with computer applications- MS Office (Word/Excel/Power Point)& latest Internet Browsers.
- MBA / Graduate / Post Graduate/Diploma in Mass Communication or any relevant subjects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- To assist the Mission Director in his day to day functions, which includes organizing appointments, mails and communication plans.
- Interacting with national and international agencies on behalf of the PMU and Mission Director.
- Coordinating with Mission Director and the PMU - BIRAC team for organizing meetings (national and international) seminars, outreach activities and communicating strategy.
- Coordinating and managing all travel related needs of the Mission Director and the PMU team.
- Any other task allocated by the Mission Director, PMU team or BIRAC team.
Rs. 20,000 (consolidated) Higher start will be considered for experienced and well deserving candidates.
The position is contractual initially for a period of three years with the possibility of extension. There will be a probation period of one month. Candidate found not suitable during the period of probation will not be confirmed in the post.
Last date for Application is November 10, 2016.