Vacancy: Program Management Unit, National Biopharma Mission (NBM) at BIRAC, New Delhi, India.
- Applications are invited from qualified and experienced professionals for the following positions in the Program Management Unit, NBM at BIRAC, New Delhi, India:
Finance & Procurement Officer (Vacancy – 1)
ES – 01
Executive Secretary / Executive Assistant (Vacancy – 1)
AA – 01
Administrative Assistant (Vacancy – 1)
IT – 01
IT Assistant (Vacancy – 1)
2. About the Mission:
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT
Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance.
The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aidin enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
3. About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will housethe Program Management Unit (PMU) thatwould work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
4. Job Descriptions
- Finance & Procurement Officer (Position Code FPO-01)
- To coordinate and implement all matters relating to Accounts, Finance and Procurement.
Position Summary & responsibilities
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger.
- Maintain organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Resolve all accounting and financial issues concerning PMU.
- Review general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Produce quarterly and annual financial statements and financial reports for board meetings.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting process and procedures.
- Coordinate closely with Finance & Account branch BIRAC to ensure observance of accurate accounting processes and procedures.
- Understand personal and team role and responsibilities.
- Initiate all procurement matters and complete all formalities including payment of bills in close coordination with HR & Admin Branch.
- Maintain records relating to procurement.
- Maintain inventory of items procured for PMU.
Qualifications and Experience –
- M.Com / MBA (Finance) from a recognized and reputed institute. 3 to 5 Years’ experience on finance / account and procurement in a private / public sector/ Govt. Organization.
- Age Limit: 40 Years
- Salary: Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 60,000 /-
- Executive Secretary (Position Code ES-01)
- assist the Mission Director in her his day to day functions, which includes organizing appointments, mails and communication plans.
Positions summary of responsibilities:
- Interacting with national and international agencies on behalf of the PMU and Mission Director.
- Coordinating and managing all travel related needs of the Mission Director and the PMU team.
- Maintaining of files / records and prepare reports.
- Any other task allocated by the Mission Director, PMU team or BIRAC team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized and reputed University/Institution. Excellent communication skills. Diploma/ PG Diploma in office management preferred.
- Well versed with computer applications- MS Office (Word/Excel/Power Point)& latest Internet Browsers.
- 3 – 5 years experience as PA / Secretary / Office Assistant or Project Assistant in any reputed organization.
Age Limit: 35 Years
Salary: Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 43,000 /-
2. Administrative Assistant (Position Code AA-01)
To assist the General Administrative activities of the PMU, National Biopharma Mission.
- Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Work with HR – Head and Administration to provide Administrative support to the PMU, National Biopharma Mission.
- Coordinate space allocation, facilities maintenance and operations
- Coordinate meetings, conferences and manage logistics related to them
- Ensure data processing, mail, materials scheduling and distribution, printing and reproduction, records management. telecommunications management, security, recycling, wellness, and transportation services, etc.
- Manages the work of back office
- Keep an account of the documentation details
- Maintain records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence related to work
- Any other duties assigned by PMU Head and Head (HR & Admin.), BIRAC
2. Qualifications and Experience:
Graduate degree from a recognized and reputed institute. MBA from a recognized and reputed University/ Institute will be preferred.
2 – 3 years of work experience in Admin related activities in a services / public sector/ government organization.
3. Age Limit: 35 years
Salary – Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 36,000/- per month.
3. HR-01 - IT Assistant (Position Code IT-01)
To assist in IT related matters of PMU, National Biopharma Mission.
- Position Summary & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head (PMU), the IT Assistant will be responsible for all IT related matters both Hardware and Software and the website. Should also have software programming skills for development of the online applications.
- Use standard system methods in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of information technology systems
- Provide solution and work to resolve of software related problems
- Participate in the development of documents for service requests.
- Evaluate requests for information systems hardware, software, or services
- Implementation and maintenance of computer software
- Investigation and analysis of computer equipment and related software; supplies management with documentation of advantages and disadvantages.
- Disseminate detailed descriptions of new or modified hardware/software systems and instructions for their use
- Assist with the creation and modification of application development, system configuration, system testing, installation, and implementation of system enhancements/upgrades and bug fixes
- Qualifications& Experience
- B Tech (IT) from a recognized and reputed institute. MBA(Information Management) / MCA from a recognized and reputed institute will be preferred
- 2-3 years of work experience in related software programming.
- Age Limit – 35 years
- Salary – Consolidated remuneration Rs. 36,000/- per month.
The position is contractual initially for a period of three years with the possibility of extension. There will be a probation period of three months. Candidate found not suitable during the period of probation will not be confirmed in the post.
Interested Candidates should apply at email@example.com in the prescribed format enclosed as Document I.
Last date for Application is 2nd May 2018.
Application of candidates who have not applied in the prescribed Proforma will not be considered.