Applications are invited from qualified and experienced professionals for the position of Consultant (Legal) (one post) in the DBT – BMGF – BIRAC, Program Management Unit at BIRAC, New Delhi, India.
- The DBT – BMGF -Wellcome Trust - BIRAC Partnership: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) signed an umbrella Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on mission-directed research and build Grand Challenges India to support health research and innovation. The MoU aims to support initiatives that could dramatically change the health and development landscape in India and other countries facing similar challenges. Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this activity. BIRAC plays a key role in assisting the Global network of Partners to foster collaborative research to improve Global health and dealing with long term development issues.
- The Program Management Unit (PMU), is the implementing body to manage the Grand Challenges India program. The partners have laid down the governance and implementation principles that will direct these strategic partnerships. BIRAC works closely with strategic partners to identify and support the scientific and technological opportunities through PMU. The PMU while being responsible for project management is also responsible for developing new areas of joint priority and oversight of various joint projects funded under Grand Challenges India
Position: Consultant (Legal)
Remuneration: Between Rs 80,000/- - Rs. 1,50,000/- per month.
The position is contractual initially for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
Job description: The Consultant (Legal) will work directly with the Legal team in BIRAC and will be responsible for providing Legal Advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks for BIRAC.
1. Key responsibilities:
- Identify risk exposure and advise the management on contractual obligation and risks.
- Provide legal guidance for ongoing programmes.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Act or plead on behalf of BIRAC in a Court of Law as Advocate.
- Manage the legal due diligence process and reviews the diligence reports.
- Review and advise management as legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance will all statutory or legal requirements.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various BIRAC activities.
- Facilitate formulation and execution of agreements and contracts for industry research, funding and licensing.
- Attend meetings as Legal Member in various Committees of BIRAC.
2. Essential qualifications
- LLB from a recognized institution.
- Good knowledge of contractual obligations, and various legal provisions regarding contracts and agreement.
- Good knowledge of statutory and legal requirements of a funding organization.
- Good knowledge of the legal requirements of government organizations.
3. Desirable qualifications
- LLM from a recognized institute.
- Certificate / Diploma / PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights.
Minimum 10 years of experience as Legal practitioner or Legal Advisor in any reputed organization.
5. Age Limit:
45 years as on closing date of application
The Consultant (Legal) will work for a minimum of 15-20 hours on site and 10 to 15 hours off-site in a week.
Interested Candidates should apply at email@example.com in the prescribed format.
i) Application Proforma (enclosed BIRAC-Doc1)
ii) For details of job descriptions and qualifications please see BIRAC-Doc-II enclosed here.
Applications received by post and not on the prescribed format will not be considered.
Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications on the aforementioned email is 15th March, 2019.
Notwithstanding anything contained herein or elsewhere; the decisions taken by BIRAC shall be binding upon all concerned.