1. About the Mission:
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT
Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance.
The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aidin enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
More details about the Mission Programme can be seen at BIRAC website
2. About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It houses the Program Management Unit (PMU) that works as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
3. Position: Technical Officer in NBM
a. Job Description:
• Work closely with experts to identify priorities and need based project
• Assist Head Technical for project appraisal and technical due diligence
• Make detailed technical reports, analyze data and interpret results
• Technical monitoring of all projects
• Evaluate the project specific technologies, project results, products and processes and define future strategies
• Contribute to scientific analysis and understanding of the problem, gaps and required scientific intervention
• Support the projects for product development regulatory approval process
• Understand team objectives and cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve them
• Adhere to internal and external compliance responsibilities in a timely manner
b. Eligibility Criteria:
i. Essential Requirements:
• M.Sc / B.Tech in life sciences, biological sciences or allied areas.
• 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience in any reputed life science industry.
• Experience in making detailed reports and giving presentations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent documentation skills
ii. Desirable Requirements:
• A Ph.D or equivalent in life sciences, biological sciences or allied areas.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Experience in Vaccine Research or Vaccine Development
c. Age Limit: 35 years as on date of closing of the applications.
d. Compensation: Rs. 60,000/- (Consolidated)
4. General Information
The above position is on a 3 years contract extendable depending on the length of the Program duration based on performance. There will be a probation period of three months. Candidates found not suitable during the period of probation will not be confirmed in the post.