Application are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Officer / Senior Officer - Finance, Procurement & Administration (Position Code FPA-01).
1. About the Mission:
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT
Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance.
The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aidin enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
More details about the Mission Programme can be seen at BIRAC website
2. About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will housethe Program Management Unit (PMU) thatwould work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
3. Job Description:
3.1 Officer / Senior Officer - Finance, Procurement & Administration (Position Code FPA-01)
• To coordinate and implement all matters relating to Accounts, Finance and Procurement and Administration.
Position Summary & responsibilities
• Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger.
• Maintain organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
• Resolve all accounting and financial issues concerning PMU.
• Review general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
• Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
• Produce quarterly and annual financial statements and financial reports.
• Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting process and procedures.
• Coordinate closely with Finance & Account branch BIRAC to ensure observance of accurate accounting processes and procedures.
• Understand personal and team role and responsibilities.
• Initiate all procurement matters and complete all formalities including payment of bills in close coordination with HR & Admin Branch.
• Maintain records relating to procurement.
• Maintain inventory of items procured for PMU.
• Coordinate all administrative and logistic matters.
Qualifications and Experience:
- • M.Com / MBA (Finance) from a recognized and reputed institute. 2 to 4 Years’ experience with minimum two years experience in financial management, accounts / administration on finance / account and procurement in a private / public sector/ Govt. Organization.
- • CA
Age Limit: 35 Years
Salary: Consolidated remuneration between Rs. 60,000/- - 75,000/-
The above position is on a 3 years contract extendable till the length of the Program duration based on performance. The candidate selected shall be kept on probation for a period of three months.
Last Date of Application is September 16, 2019