Application are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the position of IT Assistant (IT - 01)
1. About the Mission:
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT
Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance.
The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aid in enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
2. About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will house the Program Management Unit (PMU) that would work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
3. Job Descriptions
3.1 IT Assistant (Position Code IT-01)
i. Position Summary & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head (PMU), the IT Assistant will be responsible for all IT related matters both Hardware and Software and the website. Should also have software programming skills for development of the online applications.
- Use standard system methods in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of information technology systems
- Provide solution and work to resolve of software related problems
- Participate in the development of documents for service requests.
- Evaluate requests for information systems hardware, software, or services
- Implementation and maintenance of computer software
- Investigation and analysis of computer equipment and related software; supplies management with documentation of advantages and disadvantages.
- Disseminate detailed descriptions of new or modified hardware/software systems and instructions for their use
- Assist with the creation and modification of application development, system configuration, system testing, installation, and implementation of system enhancements/upgrades and bug fixes
ii. Qualifications & Experience
- B Tech (IT) from a recognized and reputed institute. MBA(Information Management) / MCA from a recognized and reputed institute will be preferred
- 2-3 years of work experience in Core and Advanced PHP programming
iii. Age Limit - 35 Years
iv. Salary – Consolidated remuneration Rs. 38,500/- per month.
The position is contractual initially for a period of three years with the possibility of extension. There will be a probation period of three months. Candidate found not suitable during the period of probation will not be confirmed in the post.
Interested Candidates should apply at email@example.com in the prescribed format enclosed as Document I.
Last date for Application is 10 December, 2019
Application of candidates who have not applied in the prescribed Proforma will not be considered.