Vacancies under DBT-BIRAC, Ind-Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (Ind-CEPI) – Program Management Unit at BIRAC, New Delhi, India
Vacancy Ref. No. : BIRAC/PMU/VAC/04/December-2020
Applications are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the positions of Senior Program Officer, Business Development (Position Code – SPO-BD-01, Vacancy 01)
A. About Ind-CEPI:
The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India is supporting the implementation of the Ind-CEPI, which is “Epidemic preparedness through rapid vaccine development: Support of Indian vaccine development aligned with the global initiative of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI)”at Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) and the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI).
Ind-CEPI aims to and associated competencies/technologies developing countries and diseases that can potentially be a threat to populations build coordinated preparedness in the Indian public health system and vaccine industry to address existing and emergent infectious threats in India, and support the global initiative of CEPI through a dedicated Program Management Unit (PMU) at BIRAC.
B. About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will house the Program Management Unit (PMU) that would work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
1. Job Descriptions
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provide regular feedback to senior management about new emerging technologies on both national and international stage and newer initiatives taken up by different institutes and vaccine companies.
* To represent the PMU in different national and international forums, conferences and meetings and engage with all stakeholders of Ind-CEPI and CEPI.
* To Prepare and implement an effective communication and outreach strategy.
* To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders.
* Identify new potential collaboration and Drafting strategies for new types of engagement with partners and newer technologies to be considered.
* To prepare reports and regular updation of information to all stakeholders.
* Support Program Manager in all outreach and communication activities for the PMU.
II Qualifications and Experience
* MBA / Executive Program in business management/ Post graduate Diploma in business management from a recognized and reputed University.
* M.Sc in Life Sciences / Biological Sciences/MBBS with 4 years of work experience.
* Prior experience in similar business development role
* Demonstrated strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* Demonstrated capacity and Experience to handle collaboration within an organization and with external partners, as well as ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort.
* Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
* Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
* Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
* Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international.
Age Limit –35 years as on the date of closing of applications.
Salary: Consolidated remuneration of Rs 75,000/- per month.
The above positions is initially for 3 year contract extendable to the duration of the project. The candidate selected shall be kept on probation for a period of three months.
Interested candidate may apply at the email@example.com in the prescribed format at . Applications received by post and not on the prescribed format shall not be considered.
Last Date of Application is 29th December, 2020.