Position : Chief Manager [Clinical] CM-01
Consolidated Remuneration : Between Rs.1,20,000/- to Rs.3,30,000/- per month
Job Description : The Chief Manager (CM) will serve in the Program Management Unit (PMU) for the Grand Challenges India (GCI) at BIRAC. Reporting to the Mission Director, PMU the Chief Manager will get opportunity to contribute to establishment of population-based field sites for studying epidemiology of diseases so as to prepare the sites for conduct of vaccine clinical trials in future and to provide clinical input for all the ongoing programs of the mission in MCH, Nutrition, Infectious Diseases, Vaccine development, Medical Technologies and all clinical related Grand Challenge India programs.
Key Responsibilities :
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Responsibilities for Implementation of the Mission Program of GCI which includes ensuring monitoring of all grantees of focus area by experts both technical and financial, working closely with the Scientific and Technical Advisory groups for project review and supervising grant management activities.
* To shape and execute scientific grants and research contracts leading to social innovations in health-related areas, Nutrition, Infectious diseases, medical technologies etc.
* Provide clinical inputs on programs related to maternal/child health, immunization, nutrition, medical technologies, and coordination and technical management of all aspects of an ongoing Grand Challenges Programs.
* Manage specific investments, and will also be an important liaison to DBT, BMGF and Wellcome Trust, and a substantial portfolio of complex grants requiring high-level grant management skills, including applying and evaluating milestone-based performance objectives;
* Responsible for timely execution of programmes and financial management of grant.
* Serve as a partner and resource person to grantees to facilitate accomplishment of strategic objectives;
* Synthesize and document results from grants and contracts including preparing briefings and portfolio reviews to leadership;
* Prepare detailed analytical reports on the project related subjects, interact with experts for project review.
* Represent BIRAC, and the DBT - Gates Foundation, Wellcome Trust partnership to the external world related to Grand Challenges India initiatives;
* In addition to scientific expertise, the Program Officer must also bring passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
* Ensure timely execution of all activities.
* To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders.
Essential Qualifications :
Post Graduate Degree (MD/MS/DNB) after MBBS with demonstrated experience in clinical research from reputed Institution.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience :
* M.D. Community Medicine/ Master’s in Public Health (MPH) or Diploma in epidemiology or Diploma in clinical research /Public Health preferred
* Experience in conduct of clinical trials/ observational studies
* Experience in matching novel technologies with public health applications, data collection and analysis methods.
* Experience in working with the community along with Governmental and non-Governmental organizations, Women and child development department, UN agencies etc. on Health and nutrition programmes.
* Experience in project monitoring and evaluation, including development of conceptual frameworks, management of monitoring systems, implementation and - supervision of evaluations and reporting of evaluation findings.
* Experience working with the community and with governmental and non-governmental organizations on Health and Nutrition programmes.
* General knowledge of child / maternal health and cultural factors in the context of India and the developing world.
* Demonstrated strong planning & analytical skills with outstanding written and oral communication skills in positions requiring communications in a broad and diverse audience on a range of complex technical issues.
* Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
* Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international.
* Minimum 13-15 years’ experience in the public health programs, with minimum 5 years of experience in a Senior position in an organization and have experience in Grant / Project Management or translational and product development activities, or related area of research in industry or academic research institutes
Age Limit : Maximum 45 years
Interested candidate may apply at the in the prescribed format at . Applications received by post and not on the precsribed format shall not be considered.
Last date of Application is 11th January, 2021.